Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kathy Guthrie


I was born the eldest of eight children in North Bay, Ontario, Canada, where I remember taking my first art lessons in still life drawing and oil pastels. As a young woman, I studied graphic design at Sheridan Collage Institute of Technology. Recently I returned to school at the Vancouver Island School of Art, where I studied painting, printmaking, and art history.

Experiencing visual art - at exhibits, galleries or studios - is vital to human development. I enjoy involving the public through the workshops and classes that I teach, and the listings I post of local art events in my online newsletter. I am also committed to connecting with other artists in the community through art demonstrations, exhibits and studio tours.

I am married with two children, and live in Victoria, BC, Canada.