Thursday, May 24, 2012

Susan Tait



I seem compelled to have the things I use every day be more than functional. I am excited by the shape, the feeling of things. It makes me happy to be a part of lifting up someone's day. I have been designing, mostly with cloth, since the 80’s. First exhibition – Vancouver – 1983. A move to the International City of Auroville in South India in 1986 evolved into full time studio work. Designs were clothing, Interior D├ęcor, sets and costumes for Theatre and Dance. Exhibitions and Collections in: Holland, England, France, New York, Connecticut, Florida, Colorado, Sydney Australia, Maui, Rome – Vancouver, Victoria, Gulf Islands. Within India – Pondicherry, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mumbai. I returned home to Pender Island in 2000 and filling a need to have once again a quiet, fully personal work, got my journals in order and became involved with a Cooperative Gallery. I live with my husband on in the Gulf Islands, on our little farm specializing in Garlic and Basil