Thursday, May 24, 2012

Susan Tait



I seem compelled to have the things I use every day be more than functional. I am excited by the shape, the feeling of things. It makes me happy to be a part of lifting up someone's day. I have been designing, mostly with cloth, since the 80’s. First exhibition – Vancouver – 1983. A move to the International City of Auroville in South India in 1986 evolved into full time studio work. Designs were clothing, Interior Décor, sets and costumes for Theatre and Dance. Exhibitions and Collections in: Holland, England, France, New York, Connecticut, Florida, Colorado, Sydney Australia, Maui, Rome – Vancouver, Victoria, Gulf Islands. Within India – Pondicherry, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mumbai. I returned home to Pender Island in 2000 and filling a need to have once again a quiet, fully personal work, got my journals in order and became involved with a Cooperative Gallery. I live with my husband on in the Gulf Islands, on our little farm specializing in Garlic and Basil