Thursday, May 24, 2012

Jill Rockwell

It's a very fortunate circumstance when your passion becomes your work. I love metals, antiquities, travel, and making art, and tying those elements together into mixed media art jewelry pieces is both a joy and a daily adventure for me. I feel that my job is well done when someone bonds with the story behind a piece as well as the jewelry itself. I was born in Canada, spent much of my life and education in the southern USA, and returned to Canada in 1998. My partner Pat and I live high on the rock cliffs of Walburn Park, looking over the straits and channels to the San Juan Islands and Mt. Baker. Who would not be inspired? This year we will travel to France, Israel, and Italy, and I will bring home papers and objects of antiquity that will make their way into my new jewelry work