Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Alesha Davies Fowlie





I work primarily as a painter- mainly in watercolour and acrylic with additions of various mixed media. I layer texture and colour on interesting surfaces and let the painting process both guide me and inspire me. Occasionally I'll venture into other media such as sculpture or printmaking, often bringing these elements together with paint. Rather than overly explain my work, I often title them carefully, but am content if each person takes something different from the same picture.

My view of the world is expressed in my particular style of painting, which is both representational and abstracted, like a vision or a remembered dream. While I wouldn't classify myself as a landscape or wildlife artist, my favorite subjects are often found in the natural world.
I am also often drawn to city skylines, especially the one I see from my studio window.